https://elisahays.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/everything.jpg 315 560 Elisa https://elisahays.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/elisa-hays-empathy-fueled-leadership_red-300x84.png Elisa2018-06-14 03:00:252018-06-14 19:24:0314: Everything You Need You Already Have
14: Everything You Need You Already Have
“Everything you need, you already have. You are complete right now. You are a whole, total person, not an apprentice person on the way to someplace else. Your completeness must be understood by you and experienced in your thoughts as your own personal reality.” -Beverly Sills, American soprano
My thoughts today are inspired by the graduation this weekend of my youngest daughter from high school and with her Associate Degree from our local community college. Coincidentally, she also turns 18 this weekend, so there are many milestones to celebrate.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- A story from many years ago about my acting career and Let’s Pretend Circus: we were offered a chance to buy the company for a mere $5000, which we didn’t have. I had forgotten that circumstances had already fallen into place to provide us the money for the down payment. After prayer with my friends at Bible Study, I realized that God had already given us what we needed. I burst through our front door upon arriving home and shouted to my husband, “God wants us to buy a circus!”
- I had already been given what I needed because God knew what was coming for me
- Graduation brings much apprehension, anxiety, and the fear of the unknown of what the future holds
- Most often, we are afraid of the future because WE want to control the outcome
- To graduates of high school or college: “You’ve already been given everything you need in advance because God knows what is coming. Believe in yourself and trust in God. You’ve already been given what you need.”
Thank you so much for this artlcie, it saved me time!